Is excessive humidity in my home considered a pollutant?
High humidity in your home is not a pollutant in itself, but it provides the ideal conditions for biological pollutants to grow and thrive. Besides allowing fungi and mould to grow, it also causes a great deal of damage to the home.
Should an air quality test reveal the presence of black mould, then you home would have to go through a mould abatement procedure, similar to an asbestos abatement, as black mould is toxic. This is a huge expense and a complete disruption of day to day life in your home. The toll this takes effects not only on your bank account, but the effects on your family’s health could be ongoing and devastating.
We are not trying to be alarmist, but excessive humidity, especially if it leads to mould is a major concern and as a homeowner you should be well aware of it.