Air Quality is usually something we only think about when BIG, OBVIOUS problems occur, like when wildfire smoke blocks out sun. But how healthy Is the air you breathe the rest of the time? The filtration system, most furnaces or other HVAC systems include are usually only there to protect the equipment, not you I The thin, paper or fiberglass filters are installed at the point where the air enters the furnace to keep dust and particulates from entering the furnace and that are trapped. These fillers are most often a low MERV rating, and the only catch the largest particles before they circulate though your home.
What is a MERV rating? Well, the MERV rating is the efficiency rating of a filter and indicates the size of the particles that are trapped. Most commonly used filters can trap particles 1 micron or larger. These filters are fine to protect your furnace when they are changed at least every 3 months but may miss many particles, leaving them got you to breathe in.
There are many, many options for improving the air quality in our home, and most can be added to your existing system. For example, you can simply add a filter cabinet that houses a filter capable of filtering particles as small as 0.3 microns or a system that filters, kills mold, bacteria, viruses and purifies and deodorizes that air in your home at a rate of 250 cubic feet per minute.
UV Light Air Purifier
• Large, high-intensity, 19 mm self-cleaning • (no maintenance), quartz germicidal UVC and UW oxidizing lamp • Cobalt coating for enhanced performance • UVC attacks micro-organisms on a molecular level helping to deactivate and destroy the contaminant • UVV oxidizes chemicals and odors into non-offensive by products • Three-year lamp life* • User interface display used for status, maintenance, and service • High resolution LCD backlit on UA4000DV • LED display on UA2000DV • 120/240V auto-sensing ballast • Microprocessor-controlled thermistor for automatic operation • Low-profile 5/8" slim fit face • ETL Certified
Powerful disinfection of the air in your home, lowering the concentration of mold, bacteria, viruses and odors.
Whole Home HEPA Air Cleaner
AMHP-300-GT Duct Mount HEPA bypass air cleaner uses True HEPA media material that is certified to remove 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns (1/84,000 of an inch) from a home's air.
• The MERV 8 prefilter with activated carbon helps remove lint to prolong the life of HEPA filter and unpleasant odors, such as those from cooking, smoking, painting or other household activities • Since the AMHP-300-GT is installed in a bypass configuration, it does not add static pressure to the HVAC system • Versatile installation: duct mounted or collar mounted with pre-punched knockouts • Plug-in power cord (120 VAC); no field wiring required
By removing particulates from the air, this air cleaner also helps protect and prolong the operating efficiency of the home's heating and cooling equipment. It's ideal for homes with space constraints in their furnace/air conditioning rooms.
Filter Cabinet and Replaceable Filter
Daikin Premium Air Cleaner
The Diakin Premium Air Cleaner is the filtration your home needs and your family deserves. GO beyond just merely heating and cooling the air in your home, to providing cleaner indoor air to your family. Intuitively designed with out dimensions that match original equipment furnace and air handler cabinets for quick installation.
Features and benefits
The new Daikin Premium Air Cleaner is a MERV 15 media filter that removes more than 85% of particles down to 0.3 microns* Pleated media filter removes over 98% of Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus versicolor, and Stachybotrys chartarum from the airstream, three common mold spores that are found in homes* Pleated media filter removes over 99% of Ragweed, over 72% of Cat Dander, and over 73% of Dust Mites from the airstream, three common allergens that are found in homes* Extra deep, 5 ¼" pleated filter constructed of cellulose-free, hydrophobic polyolefin fibers Designed for multi-position horizontal or vertical installations Magnetic door design ensures tool-less, easy access to filter components for quick and easy filter change Filter design features a structured density gradient for sustained efficiency over the life of the filter Filter has a tight cabinet fit ensuring negligible air bypass Filter frame designed with dual pull tabs for easy removal Fully gasketed door for proper air seal Heavy duty, 20 gauge, post-forming painted, corrosion-resistant door Insulated cabinet to reduce risk of condensation All cabinet mounting holes are slotted and designed to lineup with original equipment flanges for time-saving installation Filter should be changed once or twice a year based on conditions within the home
A good humidity level for the average home is between 34 and 45 percent. Keeping your home at this level ensures the most comfortable and healthy environments while also protecting your home from excessive humidity or dryness. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers are used during certain times of the year in order to prevent mold or even nasal congestion.
Humidifier • Increases moisture in the air. • Commonly used during winter months when the air is dry. • Keeps skin from drying out and helps to control allergies and nasal congestion.
Dehumidifier • Decreases moisture in the air. • Commonly used during summer months when the air is warm and humid. • Keeps allergies and headaches at bay by preventing mold and mildew build up.
The HE vaporative humidifiers provide whole-home humidification and use the warm air from the furnace to evaporate water that is trickled over an internal humidifier pad.
The HS Series electrode steam humidifiers work by heating water in a secure, internal cylinder to create steam and the system's fan circulates the humidified air throughout the house.
The Clean Comfort DVI dehumidifier is a high-efficiency, whole-house ventilating dehumidifier designed to fit in tight, low-clearance applications. The unit removes up to 155 pints of water per day and provides effective air filtration (MERV 11). The unit can be tied into a forced air duct system, dedicated ducting or used in a freestanding application. The DV070 can be installed in mechanical rooms, closets, attics, basements and crawlspaces.
Most HVAC equipment requires filters and it is very important to change or clean the filters regularly to protect the equipment and your health. Depending on the size and efficiency of your filter, it may need to be replaced as often as once a month, especially if you have pets. Most equipment is installed with a standard disposable filter but there are many other filtration options that may be installed and require regular filter replacement. The filter you need will depend on the size of your filter cabinet and your choice of
MERV 11 Pleated Filters Merv 11 capture airborne particles/allergens between 1 and 10 microns. MERV 11 Replacement Filters Help Eliminate: Dust and Lint, Pet Dander, Dust Mites, Pollen, Bacteria, Mold. Merv 11 pleated filters are available in 1", 2" and 4" depths in a variety of standard sires. Standard sizes are available in singles, packs of 4 or case of 12 Specialty sizes available in packs of 4 or case of 12
MERV rating, or filter efficiency.
Activated Carbon Filters Merv 12 carbon activated furnace air filter features that capture contaminants such as allergens, bacteria, cough and sneeze debris, debris, dust, dust mites, odorous gases and vapors, mold spores, pollen, lint, pet dander, mold spores, cigarette smoke, fireplace smoke. Carbon are available in 1"and 2" depths in a variety of standard sizes. Standard sizes are available in singles, packs of 4 or case of 12 Specialty sizes available in packs of 4 or case of 12
Daikin Air Cleaner Filter • The new Daikin Premium Air Cleaner is a MERV 15 media filter that removes more than 85% of particles down to 0.3 microns* • Pleated media filter removes over 98% of Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus versicolor, and Stachybotrys chartarum from the airstream* • Pleated media filter removes over 99% of Ragweed, over 72% of Cat Dander, and over 73% of Dust Mites from the airstream*
Healthy Climate Merv 11 & 16 Filters Healthy Clunate replacement filters are available in MERV 11 or MERV 16 ratings Made to fit Healthy Climate cabinets in sizes 16x25x5, 20x20x5 or 20x25x5
Clean Comfort Humidifier Pads Whole house humidifiers utilize a water panel, commonly referred to as a humidifier filter. Humidifier water panels should be replaced at least once per year and sometimes more than once per yem· depending on how much the humidifier runs and the mineral content, or hardness, of the water in your area. The evaporator pad is coated with a non-soluble wetting agent to increase humidifier efficiency.
We are currently researching the best way to bring you a duct cleaning service that matches the high-quality and affordability that all of our others services provide. Check back in soon to see what we have come up with!
Control the heating and cooling settings of your home with a programmable thermostat. Program according your schedule - Do you like you house a little cooler at night but nice and warm in the morning? Your thermostat can be customized to YOUR preferences. Change the temperature settings when you are away to enjoy the cost savings of not heating or cooling an empty house. Technology now gives you home climate control at your fingertips with a smart thermostat allowing you to adjust your HVAC system from anywhere in the world using your phone, these options can connect with your smart phone and your smart home hubs.
Smoke detectors are an important part of safety in a home, as these fire-protection devices will automatically detect and warn you of the presence of smoke and can save your life in the event of a fire. It is best to have a smoke detector in any area that a fire could start as well as near the bedrooms of your home. It is also important that every home with a fuel-burning appliance/heater, attached garage or fireplace have a carbon monoxide alarm. Carbon Monoxide is known as the "silent killer" because humans cannot tell when they are around it, but it is very dangerous and deadly. The carbon monoxide detector can alert homeowners of a CO leak to escape a potentially life threatening situation.
Nest Protect CO+ Smoke Alarms
- Available in both wired and battery operated applications - Detects smoke from both smoldering and quick burning fires - Detects carbon Monoxide for up to IO years - Interconnects wirelessly to other Nest detectors - Can be monitored and controlled by a Nest app - Self monitoring for battery life and performance - Several voice and alarm alerts available
When the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm has something to say, it will speak to you in words and colors instead of just beeping. It has two kinds of alerts: Heads-Up and Emergency Alarms. It will alert you to what and where the emergency is. Your Nest detector has an optional feature called ''pathway" that lights up a soft glowing path when you walk under it in the dark.
Kidde Talking Smoke and CO Detector
- Combined Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Available in both wired and battery operated applications - Intelligent S·ensorTechnology-Combines the detection capabilities of an ionization s1noke sensor with that of an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitiivity to differentiate between a real hazard and a false one - Voice Warning-Announces the hazard type detected (in English and French). - Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices - End of Life Notification -Ten (10) years after unit is first powered
Kidde CO Detector
- Available in both wired and battery operated applications - 120 V Interconnectable -Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices - 9 V Battery Backup - Test I Reset Button - Tests the unit for proper operation. Resets the carbon monoxide alarm.
Kidde Smoke Detector
- Available in both wired and battery operated applications - 120 V Inter-connectable - Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices - 9 V Battery Backup - Multi-function One Button Design includes: Hush Feature-Temporarily silences nuisance alarms. - Test Feature- Simultaneously tests the unit's electronics and verifies alarm operation.
Making improvements to your home, whether they are absolutely necessary or purely for aesthetics, can be a burden on your finances. We don’t want your financial situation to hold you back from replacing your old heating or cooling systems with newer, more efficient models. Thomson Industries is proud to partner with FinanceIT and SNAP Home Finance. We have worked to develop a great partnership with both companies, providing you with great rates and easy approval.